What are the advantages of creating groups?
By default, a Jenji account is made up of a single group. This root group is given your company name.
However, it is possible to create a structure made up of several groups, modelled on an organisation chart. For example, according to departments (Marketing, Sales, HR, etc.), according to legal entities (holding company, subsidiary), or according to geographic location (city 1, city 2).
A multi-group structure enables the following configurations:
- To attach a user to a specific group.
- To assign a right to a user, for example approval, which will be exercised for a group.
- It will also be possible to filter expenses by group.
How to configure groups?
- Go to the web application at app.jenji.io.
- Access Settings by clicking at the top right of the screen.
- In the Company settingsmenu on the left of the screen, click User management, then Groups.
- Click on the Edit
- Click on the Add
- In the window that appears, enter the name of the new Group, then click on OK.
Note: the reference ID is optional.
- Go to the bottom of the list of your groups then click on Save to save your changes.
Note: It is not possible to delete a group once it has been created. However, a group can be renamed after its creation.
Example of group structure: