Validation is a necessary step in the expense approval workflow in Team and Enterprise plans.
Without this action, the expenses entered by employees cannot be processed for reimbursement and/or accounting.
For ergonomic reasons, it is advisable to carry out the validation step from a computer, via the Jenji web interface. An alternative is available on your mobile if necessary (Others > To approve tab).
The person in charge of validation holds the role of Manager.
A Manager can carry out the following actions, via their online space app.jenji.io:
- Access expenses pending validation.
- Edit the data associated with the expenses.
- Make a validation decision: accept or refuse, accompanied by a comment.
- Cancel a validation decision (individually or in batch mode).
- View all employee expenses.
Access to expenses to be approved
Go to the To approve tab. A bubble shows you the number of expenses awaiting validation.
Two views are available to you, depending on your preferences.
Validation decision making
Option 1: Approve without viewing all of the data
If the information displayed is sufficient to make your decision, you can directly approve one or a group of expenses without accessing their complete detail.
To do this, select the expense(s) and click on the Accept button.
Note: The validation of expenses on alert (example: ceiling exceeded) will not be taken into account. These expenses must therefore be approved via the second option, presented below.
Option 2: View the complete data, then approve or refuse
Do you want to access both the expense supporting document and the associated data ? To do this, select the expense(s) and click on the Review button.
This processing screen enables you to control expenses individually. For each expense, you can see:
- The Supporting document of the expense, except in the case of mileage expenses.
- The data associated with the expense - which has been deemed compliant upstream by the Checker (depending on the configuration of your company's account).
All the fields can still be modified in the event of incorrect information, by clicking on the Edit button:
Once your check is complete, you can make your decision. To do this, simply click on Reject or Accept.
In the event of rejection, the employee will receive a mobile notification.You can leave a comment in the dedicated field.
Once the validation step has been completed, the expenses no longer appear in the To approve tab (unless no decision has been taken). You can find the expenses on which you have just acted in the Expenses > Team tab.
Cancellation of a validation decision
You can reverse your validation decision as long as an expense has not been exported for reimbursement or accounting.
Via the Expenses > Team tab:
- Locate the expense using the various filters available to you.
- Click on the expense title to view it.
- Click the Cancel approval
- The expense will be available again in the To approve
Cancel a batch validation decision
Do you want to cancel the validation of several expenses? Select them and use the Batch edit button.
- Click on the Cancel approval button, then Accept.