Definition of compliant
Compliance is the first step in the approval workflow for Team and Enterprise plans.
This verification step enables you to check the data entered by the employees.
It also makes it possible to check that the expenses incurred comply with the company expenses policy (threshold, category, etc.).
Compliance must be carried out via the web interface.
The person in charge of compliance must have the role of Checker.
A Checker can carry out the following actions, via their online space app.jenji.io:
- Access expenses entered by employees in real time.
- Edit the data entered by employees.
- Make a compliance decision: compliant or non-compliant, accompanied by a comment.
- Cancel a compliance decision (individually or in batch mode).
Access to expenses entered by employees
Go to the To check tab. A bubble shows you the number of expenses awaiting verification.
Two views are available to you, depending on your preferences.
- After selecting the expenses, click on the Check
Check and edit the data
The screen dedicated to compliance allows you to check expenses individually. For each expense, you can see:
- The Supporting document of the expense, except in the case of mileage expenses.
- The data associated with the expense (automatically extracted by the OCR or entered by the employee).
You must ensure that the data is consistent with the information on the supporting document. All the fields can be edited in the event of incorrect or missing information.
Compliance decision making
Once your check is complete, you must decide whether the expense is compliant or not. To do this, all you have to do is click on the decision you have chosen: Compliant, Non-Compliant, Close the window.
- Non-compliant: The expense is deemed unacceptable as such (blurred or illegible photo, additional information required, etc.). The expense is then returned to the employee. A mobile notification is sent to the employee automatically, thus avoiding initiating a parallel exchange through Jenji. The employee can take notice of the decision in real time, and must submit a new version of their expense, incorporating the required information.
- Close the window: You do not wish to rule on the conformity of the expense. The expense state remains as Waiting.
- Compliant: The data has been verified. The expense can then be sent to the manager, who will be responsible for the acceptance or rejection of the expense.
Once the compliance stage has been completed, the expenses no longer appear in the To check tab (unless no decision has been taken). You can find the expenses on which you have just acted in the Expenses > Team tab.
Cancellation of a compliance decision
You can reverse your compliance decision as long as an expense has not been validated.
Via the Expenses > Team tab:
- Locate the expense using the various filters available to you.
- Click on the expense title to view it.
- Click on the Cancel Compliance
- You can edit the fields, make a new compliance decision, or leave the expense in the Waiting
- Click on Save to save the changes.
Cancel a batch compliance decision
Do you want to cancel the compliance of multiple expenses? Select these, and use the Batch edit button.
- Click on the Cancel Compliance button, then Save.