Has the Bank Reconciliation module been subscribed to by your company and has your corporate credit card been configured? You can now easily manage the flow of your corporate card transactions and the corresponding expenses entered in Jenji.
The management of corporate card transactions is available both on mobile and on the web application.
First of all, we invite you to watch our short video tutorial on managing corporate card transactions via the mobile app.
My bank reconciliation on the web
Go to app.jenji.io.
- Go to the Transactions tab, then Personal.
- Your own banking transactions are listed on the left side.
- The expenses entered by employees are listed on the right.
: A green line indicates that a transaction in the bank flow corresponds to an expense entered (amount + payment method).
: An orange line indicates that a transaction in the bank flow has similarities to an expense entered. The differences are displayed in orange (payment method, amount, date).You can click on the expense cell to view it and make changes if necessary.
If an expense in the bank flow does not have a match, you can enter your expense directly using the insert.
Card transaction display options
You have the option of customising the display.
: Display expenses declared but not corresponding to a bank transaction.
: Show expenses and transactions that match perfectly.
My card transactions on mobile
From version 2.6.2 on iOS, and 3.7.2 on Android.
A new menu available from the dashboard: My transactions
A new My transactions menu is displayed in the dashboard and allows you to access all transactions from your corporate card.
- A transaction will be displayed in real time for a purchase made via a Qonto card (approximately 1 hour after purchase) or one (immediate).
- For other corporate cards, a bank summary must be imported beforehand by the account Administrator. Following this import, all transactions will be available.
The different states of transactions
A transaction can have one of the following states:
- Awaiting reconciliation: no expense entered in your account appears to match the transaction.
- Reconciliation to be approved: an expense entered in your account seems to correspond to the transaction (identical dates and amounts). Jenji has made a reconciliation, the bank reconciliation can be approved by you.
- Reconciled: the reconciliation between the transaction and an expense is confirmed.
To process menu
To simplify your management, you will find in the To process menu all the transactions for which no expense in your account appears to correspond. These transactions are Pending reconciliation.
Associate an expense with a transaction
After clicking on the cell of a transaction Pending reconciliation, you have 2 options to associate an expense with the transaction:
- Associate with a new expense: an expense must be entered in your account.
- Associate with an existing expense: an expense must be selected from the existing list of your expenses.
In the case below, we will associate the transaction with an existing expense.
- Select Associate with an existing expense
- Select the expense to associate.
The expense has been associated. The transaction is now in a Reconciled state.
Approve a reconciliation
A transaction in the Reconciliation to approve state indicates that a reconciliation has been carried out. Jenji found an expense already entered in your account with the same Date and the same Amount including tax as the transaction.
After clicking on a transaction in the Reconciliation to approve state, you see the expense that has been associated.
- You can click on the expense in question to access full details.
- After checking the data, click on Return.
You can now:
- Confirm the association of the expense with the transaction by clicking on 'Associate with this expense'.
In this first case, the transaction will change to the Reconciled state.
- Cancel the association. The transaction will revert to the Pending reconciliation state.
Sort and filter transactions
Available via the My transactions menu, you will find at the top of the list a Filters menu which will enable you to refine the list of transactions you wish to consult.
Ignore a transaction
A transaction in the Pending reconciliation state can be ignored. To do this, simply click on 'Ignore this transaction'.
If necessary, you can access previously ignored transactions at any time by using the Filter by State, then selecting the 'Ignored' state from the list.
After clicking on a transaction in Ignored state, the Restore transaction button becomes available.
Note: Any transaction in an Ignored state on your mobile will still be displayed on the web application (Transactions > Personal tab). This point is currently under development by our technical team, and will be made public soon.