Available in Team and Enterprise plans.
What is a custom field?
Each user record includes default fields. These fields are as follows: Email, First name, Last name, reference ID (optional), Group.
To access a user's file, go to the Account settings . In the Your Company menu, access the Employees tab located in the User management section. Hover the mouse over the cell of the employee you want to select, then click on the Pencil icon.
A custom field is an additional field that allows more in-depth management of data relating to users, particularly at the analytical level.
A few examples:
- Creation of a text type custom field entitled Cost Centre.
- Creation of a dropdown list type custom field entitled Office.
It is possible to filter expenses by custom field. In addition, the data is available in standard exports in CSV and Excel format.
Create a custom field
- Go to the web application at app.jenji.io.
- Access Settings by clicking at the top right of the screen.
- In the Company settings menu on the left of the screen, click Expense policy, then Custom fields.
- Access the Employees
- Click on the Add
- Complete the variables of the custom field:
- Available types: Text, Long text, Decimal number, Integer number, Single option dropdown list, Multi select dropdown list, Date, Hour, Address, True/False.
- Condition: Is the field Required or Optional when adding an employee to your account.
- Click on Save
- The custom field has been created and is displayed in the list.
If the List type has been selected, several entries must be completed in order for them to appear in the dropdown list.To do this:
- In the custom field Options section, click on Add.
- Enter the information for an entry in the list, then click on Save.*
- Do the same for the following entries, then, when finished, click on Save.
Once configured, the custom fields appear on the employee's file among the other standard fields.They can be completed by an account administrator.
Order the display of custom fields
- Click on and hold the field's cell, and then drag the field.
Search for expenses associated with a custom field
- From the main menu, go to the Expenses > Team tab, then click the Filter by groups or employees
- Select the variable or entry you are looking for.
Edit a custom field
- Via the custom field configuration, hover the mouse over the cell and click on the Pencil
- Edit the settings of the custom field, and/or its options if it is a List type custom field.
- Click on Save
Delete a custom field
- Via the custom field configuration, click on the Bin.
If you want to remove options from a List type custom field:
- Edit the custom field, and click on the Bin icon of the entry you want to stop showing from the dropdown list.
Points to take into consideration When a custom field has been deleted:
1- The field no longer appears in the user's file.
2- The field is no longer available in 'Filter by groups or employees'. It is therefore no longer possible to search for expenses using the custom field.