Calculation of mileage allowances: two possible options
Thanks to the mileage expense module, a user simply declares the trips, and the amount of the mileage allowances is calculated automatically.
- By default, allowances are calculated from the official scale.
- An alternative is available which is to configure a fixed rate per kilometre.
Option 1: You want to use the official scale
As indicated previously, this is the calculation implemented by default in the application. You therefore do not have to enter any settings.
For more information, please consult our article on Calculation of mileage allowances from the official scale.
Option 2: You want to set up a fixed rate
The mileage allowances in Jenji can be calculated according to a specific coefficient regardless of the distance travelled (e.g. €0.30 per kilometre).
Who can set a fixed rate?
- Any user with a Solo
- Administrators of Team and Enterprise
How to set a fixed rate?
- Go to the web application at app.jenji.io.
- Access Settings by clicking at the top right of the screen.
- In the Company Settings menu on the left of the screen, click Expense Policy, then Mileage expenses.
- In the Mileage expenses box, click on the dropdown list of the scale in order to select Fixed rate.
- Enter the coefficient to apply, then click on Save.
Note: The change from the official scale to the fixed rate, and vice versa, should be avoided during the financial year, as this risks distorting the allowance calculation.