Expenses export: finalising the management of your employees' expenses
You have approved your employees' expenses. Now you need to export these expenses. Indeed, this is a very good way to recover all of their data, and then be able to either classify them in your accounts, or send them to your accountant or manager.
Since we are committed to simplifying this daunting task of managing expense reports, we have provided you with several export formats.
Unlike the export of your own expenses, the export of your employees' expenses can only be carried out via the web application app.jenji.io in order to ensure optimal management.
To carry out these exports, you must go to the My Employees tab.
Export your expenses: instructions for use
The steps are as follows:
- Select the expenses to export.
- Click on Actions, then Export selected expenses.
- Choose the export format (as you can see below, there are several types).
- Name the export.
The various export formats available
Excel and CSV exports
These are the most detailed exports:
- Date of the expense
- Title of the expense
- Category of the expense
- Total including tax
- VAT if entered
- Total excluding tax
- Currency used
- Country where the expense was entered
- Total including tax converted into the company's main currency
- Payment method used
- Comment, if any
- 'Billable' field
- Creation date of the expense
- Distance (km) in the case of a kilometre expense
- Vehicle used in the case of a mileage expense
- Type of vehicle used
- Fiscal horsepower of the vehicle used
- Expense related tags
- List of Internal guests if any
- Additional data relating to expenses (custom fields)
- Employee Jenji ID (email address)
- Employee first name
- Employee last name
- Employee reference ID if provided
- Employee group
- Additional data relating to employees (custom fields).
Once downloaded, you can also edit this.
PDF Summary export
As its name suggests, this is the most succinct export, only providing you with the essential information. Date of the expense, name of the Seller, Category, Total excluding VAT, VAT, Total including VAT.
Expenses are classified according to the pertinent employees (one employee per page).
PDF export with supporting documents
The information exported is the same as that of the previous export.However, this also includes the supporting documents for the exported expenses.
This is the most complete export that you can download. When you download this, you get several files that contain the supporting documents for the expenses exported, classified by year and date, as well as by employee. Within these files, you can recover your supporting documents in their original format.
In addition to that, the exports in Excel and CSV format are also included, as shown above. This is the most interesting export if you want to send your employees' expense reports to a third party.
Once the exports have been made, where can I find them?
All exports are sent by email. They are also accessible at any time in the tab Exports > My Exports or Exports.
Export requests are sorted by month, and a sharing link is also offered, as well as a direct download. You can rename an export (click on the pencil) or delete it (click on the bin icon) at any time.
- Option 1: Use the share link to share the file with a third party. To do this, click on the icon next to the link, and paste the result in an email or in a conversation.
- Option 2: directly download the file by clicking on the download icon (the blue arrow).