Expenses export: finalising the management of your employees' expenses
You have approved your employees' expenses. Now you need to export these expenses. Indeed, this is a very good way to recover all of their data, and then be able to either classify them in your accounts, or send them to your accountant or manager.
Since we are committed to simplifying this daunting task of managing expense reports, we have provided you with several export formats.
Unlike the export of your own expenses, the export of your employees' expenses can only be carried out via the web application app.jenji.io in order to ensure optimal management.
To carry out these exports, you must go to the Expenses > Team tab.
Export your expenses: instructions for use
The steps are as follows:
- Select the expenses to export.
- Click on Exports, then Standard (CSV, Excel, ZIP, PDF)
- Choose the export format.
- Name the export.
The various export formats available
Excel and CSV exports
These are the most detailed exports:
- Date of the expense
- Title of the expense
- Category of the expense
- Total including tax
- VAT if entered
- Total excluding tax
- Currency used
- Country where the expense was entered
- Total including tax converted into the company's main currency
- Payment method used
- Comment, if any
- 'Billable' field
- Creation date of the expense
- Distance (km) in the case of a kilometre expense
- Vehicle used in the case of a mileage expense
- Type of vehicle used
- Fiscal horsepower of the vehicle used
- Expense related tags
- List of Internal guests if any
- Additional data relating to expenses (custom fields)
- Employee Jenji ID (email address)
- Employee first name
- Employee last name
- Employee reference ID if provided
- Employee group
- Additional data relating to employees (custom fields).
Once downloaded, you can also edit this.
PDF Summary export
As its name suggests, this is the most succinct export, only providing you with the essential information. Date of the expense, name of the Seller, Category, Total excluding VAT, VAT, Total including VAT.
Expenses are classified according to the pertinent employees (one employee per page).
PDF export with supporting documents
The information exported is the same as that of the previous export.However, this also includes the supporting documents for the exported expenses.
This is the most complete export that you can download. When you download this, you get several files that contain the supporting documents for the expenses exported, classified by year and date, as well as by employee. Within these files, you can recover your supporting documents in their original format.
In addition to that, the exports in Excel and CSV format are also included, as shown above. This is the most interesting export if you want to send your employees' expense reports to a third party.
Once the exports have been made, where can I find them?
All exports are sent by email. They are also accessible at any time in the tab Exports > Standard or Exports.
Export requests are sorted by month, and a sharing link is also offered, as well as a direct download. You can rename an export or delete it at any time by clicking on the three dots to the right of the export's line.
- Option 1: Use the "copy link" button to share the file with a third party.
- Option 2: directly download the file by clicking on the "download" button.
More detailed exports for advanced plans
For companies (Team and Enterprise plan) that need to manage their employees' expenses, Jenji has provided several other types of exports. It is thus possible to download exports on reimbursement, accounting and re-invoicing.
Once you have approved your employees' expenses, you must then reimburse these. We suggest that you download a reimbursement export.
When you download this export, you get the information in three formats: Excel, CSV and PDF, so you can classify it in your accounts, or send it directly to your accountant.
Accounting export for the TEAM plan
If you are in a Team plan, you have access to an accounting export in Excel Dynamic format. You can thus define your VAT recovery rules, configure your various accounts, etc.
Once your rules are defined, no matter what information will be entered in the expenses, they will take precedence during the export.
The expense is then split into three lines:
- VAT if recoverable.
Accounting export for the Enterprise plan
For the Enterprise plan, the accounting export and the accounting configuration can be personalised in order to have a format identical to the format accepted by your ERP.
The last type of export, available for both the Team plan and the Enterprise plan, is the re-invoicing export.
This enables you to integrate into your accounts the expenses that must be re-invoiced to a service provider. Re-invoicing exports are available either in PDF format or in summary PDF format.
Export your expenses to a mobile phone
Two types of export are available:
- Expenses : in CSV, Excel, or ZIP format (supporting documents + data), summary PDF, or PDF with supporting documents included.
- Mileage expenses: in PDF format, to be selected for a specific year.
Regardless of the export selected, this will be sent by email (an internet connection is therefore required). Thanks to our synchronisation between the various platforms, you can also find them on your web application, in the Exports tab.
Export expenses from mobile phone
- From your Dashboard, access your Profile by clicking on the icon at the top right.
- In the Export section, click on Expenses.
- Select the desired period by choosing the start day, then the end day (take care in this step, as the default period is that of the current month).
- Select the desired format.
- Click on Export.
Export mileage expenses from mobile phone
- Access your Profile by clicking on the icon at the top right.
- In the Export section, click on Mileage expenses.
- Select the desired year.
- Click on Export.