Available in Team and Enterprise plans.
What is a custom field?
Each user record includes default fields. These fields are as follows: Email, First name, Last name, reference ID (optional), Group.
To access a user's file, go to the Account settings . In the Your Company menu, access the
Employees tab located in the User management section. Hover the mouse over the cell of the employee you want to select, then click on the three dots to the right of the line. Then click on the Edit button.
A custom field is an additional field that allows more in-depth management of data relating to users, particularly at the analytical level.
A few examples:
- Creation of a text type custom field entitled Cost Centre.
- Creation of a dropdown list type custom field entitled Office.
It is possible to filter expenses by custom field. In addition, the data is available in standard exports in CSV and Excel format.
It's also possible to add custom fields to the vehicles.
Create a user or vehicle custom field
- Go to the web application at app.jenji.io.
- Access Settings by clicking at the top right of the screen.
- In the Company settings menu on the left of the screen, click User management, then Custom fields.
- Access the Employees or Vehicles tab
- Click on the Add button
- Complete the variables of the custom field:
- Available types: Text, Long text, Decimal number, Integer number, Single option dropdown list, Multi select dropdown list, Date, Hour, Address, True/False.
- Condition: Is the field Required or Optional when adding an employee or a vehicle to your account.
- Click on Save
- The custom field has been created and is displayed in the list.
If the List type has been selected, several entries must be completed in order for them to appear in the dropdown list.To do this:
- In the custom field Options section, click on Add.
- Enter the information for an entry in the list, then click on Save.
- Do the same for the following entries, then, when finished, click on Save.
Once configured, the custom fields appear on the employee's file among the other standard fields.They can be completed by an account administrator.
Order the display of custom fields
- Click on and hold the field's cell, and then drag the field.
Search for expenses associated with a user custom field
- From the main menu, go to the Expenses > Team tab, then click the filter Employee
- In the filter, click on Add filter
- Select the variable or entry you are looking for. Tick the option(s) and apply the filter.
Edit a custom field
- Via the custom field configuration, hover the mouse over the cell, then click on the three dots to the right of the line. Then click on the Edit button.
- Edit the settings of the custom field, and/or its options if it is a List type custom field.
- Click on Save
Delete a custom field
- Via the custom field configuration, click on the three dots to the right of the line. Then click on the Delete button.
If you want to remove options from a List type custom field:
- Edit the custom field, click on the three dots to the right of the line of the entry you want to stop showing from the dropdown list. Then click on the Delete button.
Points to take into consideration When a custom field has been deleted:
1- The field no longer appears in the user's or the vehicle file.
2- The user custom field is no longer available in the filters. It is therefore no longer possible to search for expenses using the custom field.
Custom Fields date type
Have custom date-type fields been set up in your Team or Enterprise account?
It is now possible to define a consistency check between 2 dates, for example to prevent a user from entering an end date earlier than a start date.
To do so, go into Account Settings, then go to:
- User Management > Custom Fields, if these are custom fields applied to user profiles or vehicles.
- Click on the 3 dots to edit the custom field.
- Activate the "Use the value of a custom field" boolean and select the desired item from the drop-down list.